segunda-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2012

Man is playing God – an opinion on cloning

My opinion on cloning could be summed up in that same sentence we have to write about: “Man is playing God”. Though I’m pro evolution and I think science and technology can provide us with excellent changes, devices, medicines and a comfortable way of life, as well as knowledge, there are some things that are not to be changed, i. e., humankind.

I defend Darwin’s evolution, not religious creationism but I understand the word “God” in “Man is playing God” as a symbol to represent something that is not controlled by Man. And it shouldn’t be. Even though cloning has its advantages, disadvantages can be worse. After all, through cloning, we don’t just lose our identity, but we start playing with nature, going against it. At some time, things may go wrong!


Ana Rita Alves Ferreira, 11º I, no. 5

Sem comentários: