segunda-feira, 31 de outubro de 2011

Documentary Review

Wasteland

In my opinion this is a very good documentary. It portrays a different reality about poor people who work as pickers in Gramacho Garden in the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.
I believe that this documentary is very important because it tells us about pickers’ lives and about how important it is to recycle. These people work and live in the middle of garbage within awful conditions and still they do their best to be friendly and to support each other.
Most of them felt ashamed about working there, but it was a matter of survival.
When the artist, Vik Muniz, went there to do this photo shooting and documentary, he started changing these people’s lives by showing them a different reality.
The person I liked the most was the old men, because he had almost no education and he was, in my opinion, a very intelligent person.
But the thing that amazed me the most was his spirit and attitude. He lived and worked in a terrible place under terrible conditions and still he wasn’t ashamed but proud of working honestly.
And for me that should make us think.


Sofia Medeiros nº26 11ºJ

Sem comentários: